All of Ireland’s multi-actor EIP-AGRI Operational Group projects can be found on the National Rural Network’s EIP-AGRI Storymap, developed by the NRN team at the University of Galway. Please see here.
The European Innovation Partnership for Agriculture Productivity and Sustainability (EIP-AGRI) was launched in 2012 to contribute to the ‘Europe 2020 Strategy’ of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. As of October 2022, 57 EIP-AGRI Operational Group projects have been funded by Ireland’s Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) and the EU under the Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020 (Extended to 2022). See breakdown below:
- 2 Themed EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 21 Open Call 1 (Stream A) and Open Call 2 (Steam B) EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 24 Locally-led Farm and Community Biodiversity EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 8 Farm Health, Safety and Wellbeing EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 2 Rewetting of Farmed Peatlands EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
These successful projects have been developed by multi-actor Operational Groups, which bring together actors such as farmers, researchers, advisors and agri-businesses to identify innovative solutions to particular challenges facing the agricultural, food and forestry sectors.
The European Commission’s EIP-AGRI Service Point Operational Group Project Database can be found here. For more information on the EIP-AGRI initiative in Ireland please email the DAFM EIP-AGRI division (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or visit the EIP-AGRI section of the National Rural Network website.
Image Credit: NRN